Current employee & resident prevention actions are advised as follows:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol based hand sanitizer or soap & water.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
- If a resident is exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough and difficulty breathing, please seek medical care from your health care provider early. Share previous travel history with your health care provider and advise the Board of Health of any positive test results. Follow the recommended protocol as directed by the local Board of Health & Centers for Disease Controls & Prevention (CDC).
- Avoid congregating in common areas.
- Consider cancelling or postponing gatherings of residents such as community events, Annual Meetings, or Special Meetings of the Unit Owners.
- Virtual meetings are recommended to conduct regular monthly business meetings of the Association.
- Increased frequency and scope of cleaning services.
- Regularly consult the information published by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) regarding COVID-19. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
MAINTENANCE & ON SITE STAFF
The Maintenance / On Call Manger will respond to any emergency service calls that are placed during regular business hours or between 5:00pm and 8:30am. We are discouraging our staff from entering apartments or units for any non-emergency or routine maintenance issue until further notice. In the event of an emergency our maintenance and property management staff will adhere to the following protocols:
- Staff will be equipped with proper gloves and masks and will follow the appropriate protocols as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) including proper hand washing before and after accessing the unit or common space and distancing.
- Staff will request that any resident exhibiting symptoms contact the local Board of Health to advise on the reporting & testing protocols.
We are in progress updating these protocols and procedures as new information becomes available which includes the recommended reporting protocols. Attached are two documents published by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) regarding prevention of the spread of COVID-19 and the protocol to follow if you are exhibiting symptoms.
This information was provided to our staff and we hope you find this information helpful.
Thayer & Associates, Inc., AMO®