Mark D. Thayer, ARM®
A Magna Cum Laude graduate of Roger Williams University (Class of 2017), Mark first joined the Thayer & Associates’ team as a fourth generation member in 2012, gaining experience in various positions throughout the company in tandem with his on-going academics. In 2015, Mark worked in the maintenance sector of the company, obtaining first-hand knowledge of building utilities and emergency response procedures. Two years later, Mark transitioned into his current position as a Portfolio Property Manager.
During his time as a Portfolio Manager, Mark completed the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)’s Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) certification process. Currently, Mark manages over 900 condominium units in the Greater Boston Area, and has overseen a wide variety of capital repair projects ranging from building envelope repairs, roof replacements, mechanical equipment repair and replacement projects, etc.
Routine Management Experience:
- Reviewing Monthly Financials
- Generating Monthly Board Meeting Agendas and Packages
- Regular Communication with Owners and Residents
- Overseeing Insurance Claims
- Reviewing Master Insurance Policies / Renewals
- Developing Annual Budgets
- Facilitating routine maintenance and repair procedures
- Reviewing and negotiating service contracts
- Collaborative work with on-site staff
Capital Project Experience: Project Management Services
- Building Envelope & Waterproofing Repair – $4,000,000.00construction cost
- Elevator Modernization Projects: $2,500,000.00 construction costover three modernization projects
- Plumbing Repair / Stack Replacements: $20,000.00 – $100,000.00range in construction costs
- Fall Arrest System Installation: $40,000.00
- Concrete Parking Deck Repair and Water Proofing: $400,000.00construction cost
- Groundwater mitigation project: $70,000.00 construction cost
- Boiler System Replacement: $200,000.00 construction cost
- Cooling Tower Dunnage Repair: $125,000.00 construction cost
Mark currently resides in Nashua, New Hampshire with his wife, Fallon, and son, Bobby.